Thursday 30 October 2014

Late Night Showtime


On the Thursday we headed back to New York early in the morning as me and my mum were headed to go see the Late Show with David Letterman. For me seeing the Late Show with David Letterman was amazing because I love seeing how a show works. We sat in the audience and  the legendary David Letterman runs out and does a Q&A with the audience then off he runs again ready for show time. His guests on the show were Robert Duvall ( the Godfather, The Judge) he was there promoting his new film The Judge in which  he stars with Robert Downey Jr. and Elle Fanning ( Super 8, Maleficent) was also a guest on the show. What amazed me though was how smoothly everything ran there was no stopping to restart, no problems everything just went perfectly, after all they have been doing it for over 30 years.

Afterwords we met up with friends of my dads and went for Cheesecake at Juniors.

Bright and early on the Friday morning me and my dad got up and ventured uptown to the Rockefeller Centre to que at the NBC entrance for tickets for the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon . we began queuing at 5.30 am and we had to wait until 9am until we got standby tickets, which we had to then return at 3.15 in the afternoon to find out if we had gotten an ticket into the show. Unfortunately we didn't get in, in-fact no one who queued that morning got into the show.  A well maybe another time..

So in between queuing and waiting to find out if we got into see Jimmy Fallon we met up with my mum and sister and we headed up to the Top of The Rock. Defiantly a must do if you are ever in New York, we didn't do it last year so It was on my list for this year and it didn't disappoint. In my opinion it have better views of New York then the Empire State Building has. More because of the fact that you get great views of Central park as well as the Empire State Building and down town New York.  I could have spend hours at the top just starring out at the beautiful city.















Join me tomorrow for the final instalment of my New York posts 
Aimee xo 

No comments :

Post a Comment